Monday, December 14, 2009

Edward ScissorHands Wannabe







Remember Hollywood Film Edward Scissorhands by Johnny Depp? A hairdresser in Florida has invented a scary-looking fingertip razor blade attachment he believes will revolutionise the industry.

Valentino LoSauro, from Florida's Fort Myers, has spent £150,000 and many years developing the menacing-looking "Clawz", which he says shaves the time it takes to cut hair.

Bending his fingers to contract the razor in the fingertip claws, Mr LoSauro had to relearn his hair cutting technique completely. "It took me a couple of years from the launch of the prototype in around 2001 to become really proficient with them," said Valentino.

With small razors attached to his fingers, the stylist has drawn comparisons to Tim Burton's famous Edward Scissorhands character, played by Johnny Depp in the 1990 film.

A hairdresser of 35 years, claims his musical dexterity helped inspired the creation.
"I am a pianist as well as a hairdresser and wanted to combine that light fingered touch with my styling," he said."When I cut the hair I use methods I call 'Flight of the Bumblebee and 'Zap'.

The cutters are made from stainless steel and responsive elastic and are fitted with replaceable razor blades that last for up to 15 cuts.He began selling the product in 2001 and has so far sold 30,000 pairs at £60 each.

Valentino LoSauro says his devices cut hair twice as fast as normal scissors. "Now though I can motor through hair cuts and they are much quicker than usual scissors. "I can't believe the time it took beforehand."

Mr LoSauro uses the scissors on customers at his Planet Hair salon and has even sharpened his claws on the locks of Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora. He added: "Most customers are a bit apprehensive at first when they see my smiling face with my razor sharp fingers. "But come the end of the hair cut they are stunned by the quality."
Here's my comment: Does he understand they can cut skin as easily as hair? Well, it looks very freaky and nothing I'd touch. I can't even imagine what he's paying for malpractice insurance!

No comments: